Frequently asked questions
What is your maximum capacity?
Capacity depends on seating style and event type:
- Formal Dining/Banquet seating: 120
- Cocktail/Informal: 150-200
- Cinema Seating: 150
- Classroom: 60
Do you allow outside suppliers?
Yes – We allow outside suppliers for all services except the bar services.
How does the bar work?
- We provide all bar related requirements as part of the venue hire including staff, ice, glassware and stock.
- Bar staff are included for up to 10 hours (including 2 hours set-up time). Additional hours
are billed at R120/hr per bartender.
- Beverage stock lists can be sent to client beforehand.
- Cocktail menus and wine list can be tailored to your requirements
- Special requests can be discussed and accommodated within reason
- We accept cash, card and Zapper payments
- Company tabs can be settled post-event by EFT
Can I bring my own drinks?
No - all alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages will managed by the Bond Shed.
We do a allow a maximum of 2 cases (24 bottles) of wine and/or champagne to be bought in at a corkage fee of R40/bottle.
What is the difference between a half day & full day booking?
- Half day functions are for any events less than than 6hrs inclusive of setup. (Midweek and Sunday bookings only).
- Full day bookings are from 8am until midnight, inclusive of setup.
Can I book the half-day package on a Saturday?
No, due to the fact that weekends are in high demand, our half day rate is limited to weekdays & Sunday bookings only.
Can I set up the day before my event?
- For wedding bookings, Friday is included in your package for set-up.
- For single day hire, we can make allowance for setup the day before if we have no bookings. However this will not be guaranteed. If you would like to ensure you have access to the venue the day before you will need to take a multi-day hire.
Can we extend the closing time?
No - unfortunately we close strictly at 12am.
What do I need to do to book the venue?
50% deposit of your entire invoice is required to secure your event date, venue hire as well as any extras that have been requested. Proof of payment along with a signed copy of our booking form must be returned.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Events cancelled more than 60 days prior to the event date will recover 50% of their deposit.
- Events cancelled 30-59 days prior to the event will recover 20% of their deposit.
- Events cancelled less that 30 days prior to the event will not be refunded.
Do you have on site parking?
- Parking on site is limited and is dependant on the day and time of the event
- Secure street parking is available in the area and is fully covered by CCTV and monitored by Enforce and the point waterfront security team.
- For larger events we do have access to a secure parking facility within walking distance to the venue, this will be at an extra charge to the client.